Sunday, September 23, 2007

First week by myself...


Okay, this was the "official" first week by myself. Mike went back to work and despite all of my worst fears, I survived the work week with the 2 kids by myself. At times, it was crazy... take for example today: we came home from church and Jake was screaming with that quivering lip thing he does, Anthony was yelling at me "MaMa, MaMa, MaMa" because he was tired and he's constipated, and Dixie was throwing up on the carpet. I was sitting there on the couch, Jake was nursing and finally quiet, Anthony was pulling my finger, trying to get me to stand up and come play outside with him, and Dixie was dry-heaving. I just laughed ... face it, there's not much you can do in a situation like that but laugh!

All in all, I was very proud that we all survived... no we didn't just survive, we did great! This is my standard for great at this point: we all ate, poopy diapers were changed within a reasonable time period, and no one died. My friend Wendi let me borrow her Moby wrap (mobywrap.com... it's amazing!) and I just put Jake in that thingie and was still able to play around (even on the fort and sliding on the slide) with Anthony. I vacummed twice, washed Dixie, cleaned the kitchen, and thought about sweeping (but I wasn't THAT good!). Luckily I had friends bring me dinner (God bless YOU!) so most of my meals were prepared. All in all, I'd have to say we did pretty good... but thank goodness Mike is now off for a couple of days!







Another precious pic of Jake...
Anthony and his daddy watching the cowboys game... Little Romo zonked out...

1 comment:

Mindy said...

cute, cute, cute!!! Good for you for laughing on your hectic Sunday. To answer you question about going to 3 kids...it's craziness!!! Much harder than going from 1-2. But I keep being told that if I can handle three, 4 is nothing. Scary thought!!!